- "The Enema Project: Taking it Past the Limit?" by Justin Case, Fun Gal, and R. Stuart probes into whether or not enemas can be an effective and worthwhile dosing approach to Trichocereus cactus brews, and discusses other visionary drugs that have been taken via enema, including DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, Peganum harmala, bufotenine, DPT, 5-MeO-DPT, 2C-B, MDMA, ketamine, and Salvia divinorum.
- "Extreme Condition Extraction of Mimosa tenuiflora (= M. hostilis) Root-bark," as told to Mambo Pachano, describes a tested method of obtaining a clean tryptamine alkaloid powder, which bypasses the troubles from tannins and emulsions commonly encountered when extracting this plant.
- "Insufflation of Trichocereus pachanoi" by R. Stuart presents a 1953 first-person account of snuffing San Pedro in Peru.
- "Network Feedback" champions the symbiotic relationship between Argentine ants and Anadenanthera colubrina plants; ponders the possibility of a new psychoactive mint; relates how salt-free diets increase the effectiveness of drugs and grow bushier brain nerve cells in rats; provides a method for iodine precipitation of indole alkaloids; warns of a rip-off botanical company; describes various combinations of kratom with other drugs; lauds a new plant-rooting gizmo; provides positive results from a "re-terraforming" program of soil amendments; and critiques which commercial vaporizers might work best for tryptamines.
- "DEA Busts Research Chemical Vendors" reprints the sobering details of the sting "Operation Web Tryp" that ensnared five web sites and resulted in the arrests of ten people.
- "Oaxaca City: Are You Experienced?" by João Serro reviews the recent Mind States conference in Mexico, and presents a travelogue of Oaxaca.
- "Events Calendar" shares information about forthcoming gatherings, including the Students for Sensible Drug Policy conference; a Brazilian Music Shamanism seminar; the Plants in Human Affairs classes in Hawai'i; and the Oneiric Vision & Ayahuasca seminar in Brazil.
- "Sources" by Jon Hanna reviews the new CoSM: Journal of Visionary Culture edited by Alex and Allyson Grey; the DBotany web site that provides viable Erthyroxylum novogranatense seeds; and the new web site home for a virtual copy of Myron Stolaroff's classic out-of-print autobiography, Thanatos to Eros.
next oldest back issue